- Cruise Mapper
- Cruises on the Nile River
- MS Mayflower
Mayfair Cruises Egypt (Nile River Cruises)
MS Mayflower Specifications
|Construction year||2019 / Age: 4|
|Constructor||Maasara Shipyard (Cairo, Egypt)|
|Classroom||Nile river hotel ship|
|Speed||10kn/ 19km/h/ 12mph|
|Length (LOA)||77m/ 253feet|
|beam (width)||14m/ 46feet|
|decks of cards||5|
|Decks with cabins||4|
|sister ships||MS Mayfair, MS Esplanade|
|Owner||Mayfair Egypt Cruises|
|Operator||Mayfair Egypt Cruises|
MS Mayflower review
MS Mayflower review
The MS Mayflower cruise ship is a 2019 built cruise ship/hotel on the Nile River with luxurious cabins, elegant interior and superior hotel services. The vessel is owned and operated by Mayfair Cruises Egypt (Luxor cityheadquartered cruise tour company). Mayfair Cruises specializes in scheduled passenger sea transport operations on the River Nile between domestic portsLuxoreAswan. The company offers 3-4-7 night itineraries visiting Egypt's ancient temples, tombs of pharaohs and ruins on professionally guided daily tours (by certified Egyptologists).
In addition to the Mayflower, the Mayfair Cruises fleet also includes the sistersMayfair(2010) eEsplanade(2012).
The MS Mayflower has a total of 54 cabins, of which 18 are suites and 8 are executive cabins. Standard complimentary stateroom amenities include private bathroom (bathtub, shower, toilet, single sink vanity, hair dryer), flat screen TV (satellite reception), international direct dial telephone, electronic safe (in closet) , minibar, coffee maker, Internet access, individual air conditioning. Standard occupancy is 2 guests per room. Additional amenities in Royal Suites, Presidential Suites and Executive Staterooms include free soft drinks from the minibar (replenished daily) and unlimited soft drinks and spirits (served in the Bar Lounge). Executive and Deluxe Queen cabins also have a balcony.
- The Royal Suite measures 430 sq ft (40 m2) and has a queen-size bed (convertible into 2 single beds), a balcony and two bathrooms.
- The Presidential Suite (category PS) measures 38 m2 (410 ft2) and has a queen-size bed and a balcony.
- Executive cabins are 215 sq ft (20 m2) in size and have large canopy windows (vertically tilted).
- Standard/Deluxe cabins are also sized at 215 sq ft (20 m2) and come with either 1x Queen (double/non-convertible) or 2x Twins (single beds).
facilities on board
Built to a stunning design and featuring large picture windows, the Mayflower offers great views of the Nile. Interiors are modern and spacious, providing relaxed luxury and contemporary comfort. The Lounge Bar “Sultan Lounge” on the main deck of ms Mayflower presents a relaxed atmosphere as it is the place to meet fellow passengers after a busy day of sightseeing. All meals are served on the Nile Deck at Pasha Restaurant, which offers local specialties and international food served from a large open buffet prepared by skilled chefs. Restaurant table capacity is 6-8-10 seats. In the evening, dinner is à la carte. The Mayflower's deck pampers with a small pool, two Jacuzzis and plenty of daybeds and loungers to soak up the sun and admire the view.
- Sun Deck (5) – Observation lounge (covered area of the sun deck bar with cabanas), a swimming pool (with a pool bar) and two Jacuzzis.
- Royal Deck (4) – Royal Suites (x12), Executive Staterooms (x4, queen size beds and balcony), Executive Staterooms (x4, single beds).
- Vizier Deck (3) – “Vizier Salon” (library/mezzanine), Royal Suites (x4), Presidential Suites (x2), Deluxe Staterooms (x20, twin beds).
- Main Deck (2) – large reception and lobby area, Lounge Bar “Sultan Lounge”, Deluxe cabins (x6, queen size beds and balcony), Deluxe cabins (x4, single beds).
- Nilo Deck (1) – Restaurant (“Pasha”), Kitchen/Kitchen, Spa (Turkish bath, sauna, aromatherapy, massages), Hairdresser, Doctor's office, Guides Cabins (215 ft2 / 20 m2), Engine Room boat.
- dress code is casual, but t-shirts and shorts are not allowed at meals
- The MS Mayflower (launched in 2019) is a high-end riverboat and one of the newest and largest Egypt-based cruise ships on the Nile River. The vessel was designed and built to exceed all your expectations for a river trip vacation in the mystical and full of ancient wonders of Egypt.
- Among the unique amenities of the Mayflower ship are spacious decks, elegant furnishings, spacious and beautifully appointed living spaces and accommodations, modern facilities (including spa and pool), gourmet cuisine (contemporary western and authentic eastern dishes prepared by local chefs), à la - à la carte meals, sumptuous buffets, formal receptions on board, excellent service from friendly staff, Tour Director, fully air-conditioned ship, complimentary 24-hour room service, coffee, bottled water, English-speaking staff, dance parties and lectures on board Galabya, headphones on shore excursions (Egyptologist-guided).
- Lake Nasser itineraries and Nile River cruises in Egypt operated by other major lines are offered on riverboatsKasr Ibrim,Tosca River, Steigenberger Omar El Khayam, Sonesta St George.
MS Mayflower Nile Cruise prices are based on double occupancy. Please be aware that they may differ when you book your Egypt river cruise deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel bookings or last minute deal rates. On their Nile River cruise ship charters, European river cruise lines often offer US flight deals with discounted airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
Mayflower NILE CRUISE Itineraries
MS Mayflower Nile cruise itineraries are 3, 4 and 7 nights in duration. These Egypt river cruises operate year-round, departing fromAswanforLuxor, and the Luxor-More reverse rotate.
- "HIGHLIGHTS OF EGYPT" 9-Day River Cruise Tour from Cairo (Starts with a UK-Egypt flight). There is a 2 days/1 night hotel stay in Cairo city and then flight from Cairo to Luxor for pickup. The 7th is the disembarkation of the Aswan Nile cruise, with a flight from Aswan back to Cairo.
- 12-Day "PYRAMIDS, LAKE NASSER & NILE" Cruise Tour from Cairo (Round Trip). This itinerary starts with 4 days / 3 nights accommodation in Cairo and sightseeing, followed by charter Cairo flight to Abu Simbel for departure (on day 4). Then follows the Abu Simbel to Luxor (Lake Nasser) portion of the cruise on the Nile River, disembarking in Luxor (with a Luxor to Cairo flight and a farewell dinner).
- 16 Day Tour "EGYPT AND NILE RIVER - LAKE NASSER CRUISE" from Cairo (round trip). This one starts with 3 days / 2 nights at a hotel in the capital for sightseeing and sightseeing. Continue (bus transfer) Cairo to Alexandria (1 night hotel there) and Alexandria to Cairo, for Cairo-Aswan charter flight. Follows the Nile cruise from Aswan (round trip, hop on/off), and the Lake Nasser cruise on the Nile River from Aswan to Abu Simbel (disembark, with flight to Cairo).
- MS Mayflower Cruise Itineraries may vary due to changing Nile River conditions and river traffic. Although rarely, the ms Mayflower itinerary can also be altered by special events - occasionally, the Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities closes some of the archaeological sites visited for research or restoration.
- MS Mayflower cruises must be booked at least 45 days prior to sailing.
Mayflower NILE CRUISE Package Inclusions
- Door-to-door pick-up service (by car, distance limit 75 ml / 120 km from your airport), one flight from Heathrow (London), all local transfers, port taxes, airport taxes. Regional flights have an additional cost.
Hotel stays - Cairo (Oberoi Mena House), Alexandria (Helnan Palestine), Last night in Cairo (at Fairmont Heliopolis). For more information on line hotel partnerships - follow the Viking link on the top page.
MS Mayflower prices include all meals on the boat, soft drinks (with lunch), soft drinks and a glass of wine/beer (with dinner). The onboard program includes live shows by local artists and artisans. Also included in the ticket prices are all excursions and sightseeing tours, guided by a certified local Egyptologist).
Mayflower NILE CRUISE Tours and Excursions
- Cairo - tour of the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx in Memphis, Saqqara "Stairway to the Sky" Show, Egyptian Museum, tour of Saladin Citadel and Alabaster Mosque.
- Alexandria - National Museum, visiting the Catacombs, Pompey's Pillar, the Library and the Lighthouse.
- Kom Ombo (Temple of Horus and Sobek, man's first calendar), Edfu (Temple of Horus).
- Luxor-Edfu-Edfu–Kom Ombo Excursions - Museums, Temples, Sphinxes, Temple of Karnak, Amun-Ra, Deir el Bahri and the Colossi of Memnon).
- Tours of Dendera and Aswan - the High Dam, Temples (Isis, Hathor, Kalabsha), the quarries (unfinished obelisk), Kitchener Island, Botanical Gardens, visit the Aga Khan Mausoleum.
- Abu Simbel-Kasr Ibrim-Amada-Wadi el-Seboua - Temples (Dhaka, Meharakka, Amada, Derr), Tomb of Penout, Rock Temples.
Note: You can see CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of ourriver cruisesaxle. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Mayflower - user reviews and reviews
Other Mayfair Cruises Egypt Cruise Ships
- MS Esplanade
- MS Mayfair